Our objectives & work
42nd Street is an innovative Greater Manchester young people’s mental health charity with 40 years’ experience of providing free and confidential services to young people who are experiencing difficulties with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Our Objectives are
- To improve well-being and recovery
- To increase opportunities for young people to shape their own care and influence change
- To improve and increase inclusion and accessibility to appropriate services and support
- To increase awareness and reduce stigma
42nd Street’s Vision
- Inclusive accessible mental health services for all young people.
42nd Street’s Mission
- To support young people aged 11-25 years with their emotional well-being and mental health, promoting choice and creativity. We champion young person centred approaches that demonstrate local impact and have national significance.
Our Social objectives are to
- Improve well-being and recovery
- Increase opportunities for young people to shape their own care and influence change
- Improve and increase inclusion and accessibility to services and support
- Increase awareness and reduce stigma
42nd Street services
- One- to- one counselling, therapy, psycho-social support and advocacy.
- Therapeutic, issue-based, identity-based groups and peer support projects.
- Creative projects and approaches to wellbeing and mental health via The Horsfall.
- Residentials and Kieran’s Getaways.
- A Social Action Programme.
- Bespoke services in schools, colleges and universities.
- Training programmes for professionals.
- Collaboration with partners.
Service availability, age ranges, areas and services
42nd Street currently deliver individual counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)*, Counselling for Depression*, Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)*, one to one psycho-social support and advocacy services in the following areas:
- Manchester (13-25 year olds) – please note that the above support marked with an asterisk * is only available in Manchester at the moment.
- Salford (13-25 year olds)
- Trafford (13-25 year olds)
- Tameside & Glossop (13-18 year olds)
Please donate via our just giving page.