Who could this be good for?
Young people who…
- are aged 13-25
- want to better understand their emotions and where they might have come from
- want to develop skills for managing their emotions
- aren’t necessarily looking for long-term support
What does counselling offer?
Counselling will look different for everyone – it all depends on what you think will be helpful to talk about. This will be discussed with your counsellor the first time that you meet them. Sessions may involve:
- talking about experiences from the past and/or things that are affecting you in the present
- exploring difficult relationships and behaviours
- understanding things that have happened to you in your past and how they affect you now
- developing tools for managing different emotions
Counselling typically comprises 6-12 weekly sessions, which usually last around 1 hour each.