Webchat Online Support
Who could this be good for?
Young people who…
- are aged 13-25
- are looking for a more flexible form of support
- would prefer to chat to someone online rather than face-to-face
- are comfortable typing messages
- aren’t necessarily looking for long-term support
What does online support offer?
Our online support offers a safe space for you to:
- Chat to someone about any difficulties that you’re experiencing
- Explore different aspects of your life, your relationships and yourself
- Offload stress
- Talk to someone who is there to listen
After registering online on our own online platform, you will be assigned a worker. Depending on what you want to get out of our online support, the person who you’ll be speaking to will be either a mental health practitioner (for psycho-social support) or a counsellor.
There are two forms of online support to choose from. These are:
- Weekly messages – this involves sending as many messages as you like to your worker during the week, then receiving a message back from them at a time that you both agree on each week. You can read and reply to their response at any time throughout the following week.
- Live text chat - pick a time during the week when you can chat live with your worker via text. These regular sessions last for about 1 hour.
Online support typically lasts between 6-12 weeks. If you decide that you want to talk face-to-face instead, this can be arranged with your worker.